Nelson City Parking – One Hour Free!
Take a ticket from the meter and your first hour is free! If you have parked on an individual lollipop meter you don’t need to obtain a ticket, as these meters do not issue paper tickets. But you can still park for your first hour for free. Thereafter, please observe the time limits and if it is a 2 hour time zone or more, you can pay $1.50 per hour for every extra hour you want to park. Here are the important things to know:
- You must display a ticket in all “Pay and Display” car parks but the first hour of parking is free in all areas within the CBD.
- Parking fees after the first free hour will be at the rate of $1.50 per hour.
- Please be aware that the Pay and Display meters will have two options to choose from. One is for the free hour option but if you want to stay longer, choose the other option. You still get the free hour and then pay for the extra time you choose. Clear instructions will be given on the meter screen so please follow them.
- The lollipop style meters don’t issue a ticket to display but do still offer the first hour free. If you want to stay longer than an hour, insert the money for the extra time you want to stay and the meter will automatically add your free hour.
- The Parking Bylaw and associated fees will apply from an hour earlier; 8am instead of 9am Monday to Friday (no change to Saturday).
- 26 new all free car parks will be available in Wakatu Square for carpooling permit holders, talk to Council about how to qualify to use these parks.
- Current parking time limits will still apply – check signs and meters for times.
- Free all day parking is available on the city fringes, for example Paru Paru Road and the Trafalgar Centre.
For more information on parking fees and time zones please visit Nelson City Council: http://nelson.govt.nz/services/transport/parking/carparks/
The NBus services cover most Nelson suburbs and regular connections between Nelson and Richmond. Pick up an NBus timetable from the depot at 27 Bridge Street, the i-Site Visitor Centre or Nelson City Council, 110 Trafalgar Street. For more information visit http://www.nbus.co.nz/
Nelson City Taxis, T: 03 548 8225 or 0800 108 855. Nelson Bays Cabs, T: 03 541 8294 or text 027 CALLCAB. Sun City Taxis, T: 03 548 2666 or 0800 422 666.
Omega Rental Cars is Kiwi owned and operated, and the Nelson depot is conveniently located near Nelson Airport at 33 Bolt Road, Annesbrook. Omega Rental Cars offers a full range of affordable late-model, air-conditioned vehicle rentals and provides a free pick up and shuttle service from Nelson Airport. Tel: 0800 55 59 66 For more details see: http://www.omegarentalcars.com/car-rental-nelson/
Nelson is a walker’s paradise! Visit Nelson City Council for some great booklets and maps showing walking trails and shared bike/walking pathways www.nelsoncitycouncil.co.nz
Nelson Airport averages 60 domestic aircraft movements every day with 1.2 million people using the Nelson Airport terminal every year Airport Super Shuttle. Freephone 0800 748885 www.supershuttle.co.nz Email: email@example.com