Get to Know Us
A Full-Service Hair Salon, Here for You
Welcome to Renaissance, and thank you for choosing us as your preferred hair salon.
With so many options to choose from in the hairdressing industry at the moment, it can all get a bit confusing, so here are a few points to clarify the professional products and service you’ll receive with us.
– Natural and organically based colour and hair-care products.
– One of the only colours on the market today that contains certified organic ingredients.
– Ammonia, resorcinol, nonoxyol, and paraben-free, PLUS the lowest percentage of PPDs on the market, which means you don’t have to put up with smelly, harmful fumes, or a stinging scalp when having your colour.
– Yes our colours cover grey, but even better than that your re-growth should be softer, which allows a little more time between colours.
– You will receive a full consultation and hair analysis before every service so that we can see what your hair requires to be in optimum condition. We will indulge your hair with the correct treatment before your colour service to ensure the best head start to your colour lasting longer!
– Because we take such good care of you and your hair, your service may take a little longer, but it is well worth it. And while you’re here you can enjoy an organic or herbal tea, coffee or juice. Even a glass of wine.
– We make sure all our colour bottles are recycled so we throw as little in the land-fill as possible.
And to show you how passionate we are about our colours and how the system works we have included a shampoo and conditioner specific to your hair’s needs. This is our gift to you to help you on your way to your new, healthier hair.
Organic Hair-care and Colouring Specialists
Learn What We Can Do for You
“Simon and I met while working and travelling onboard cruise-ships and luxury yachts just before the millenium, and we first arrived in Nelson during a South Island campervan trip. We loved the place so much that we kept coming back and eventually decided this was where we wanted to live”.
It wasn’t long before the opportunity presented itself to buy Renaissance Organic Hair Salon, and we jumped at the chance! I was already tired of working with products containing chemicals, such as ammonia, so an organic salon really appealed to me. I have since discovered that many of our clients are very like-minded and I’m always picking up new tips and suggestions for healthier living.
The main benefits of the Organic Colour System are that they are produced using as many natural products as possible, so they are free from ammonia, resorcinol and parabens. This leads to less scalp irritation, a clean fresh environment for both the client and the hairdresser, and perhaps more importantly, healthier hair.
The salon itself is situated in a beautiful old building on the second floor, with plenty of sunlight and space to relax. We have two cutting rooms and a processing area which is both private and comfortable. We invite you to come in and enjoy a free consultation, where we can discuss your choice of style and colour, and determine the condition of your hair with our special wet stretch test. And while you’re here you may be tempted to try some of our organic beverages, or even just have a lovely long scalp massage!”
Our Team[foogallery id=”19080″]
No Records Found
Sorry, no records were found. Please adjust your search criteria and try again.
Google Map Not Loaded
Sorry, unable to load Google Maps API.