I follow my nose. The sweet smell of fresh pizza guides…
Brook Waimarama Sanctuary
In case you missed it, we were able to announce the completion of the Dun Mountain track mid-June after a slip starting in 2015.Under challenging conditions of steep terrain and difficult access, approx 2,000 volunteer hours went into this remediation project.It’s fair to say the mountain bike community and many walkers are delighted it is open again if our facebook post response was anything to go by: viewed by more than 11,000 people without us boosting it – definitely one of our most popular posts ever!
The new 26m boardwalk looks superb (see below) and is also now a great viewing platform over the valley!We want to acknowledge the volunteers for this stellar effort, as well as the local companies involved in this project:
- Nelson Consulting Engineers who designed the boardwalk
- Ground Anchor the specialist contractor who drilled in the steel piles to support the structure.
- Enviroplus who have replanted the slip with native vegetation to reduce erosion
- Nelson Tasman Cycle Trails Trust who supported the project by getting grant funding from MBIE towards the costs
- Nelson City Council for all their support during the work