The Nelson Parent and Child Expo 2019 – Post Event Press Release
9 September 2019
Success for the new owners of the Nelson Parent and Child Expo!
The ever-popular Nelson Parent and Child Expo was a fun day out for the family! This year the Nelson Venues and Events team took over the running of the event. The 9th annual Nelson Parent and Child Expo was held at Founder’s Heritage Park on Sunday the 8th of September. Doors opened at 10am, and from 9.30am there was a cue forming around the corner. Over 2500 people entered the park (including children under 16 years who didn’t require a ticket). Pre-event ticket registrations were 1,689. A big increase from 2018.
A great day out for the whole family.
Nelson Venues were gifted the expo from the previous owners and have successfully created a community event for a range of children’s ages. The new event planning team increased the exhibitor numbers to 49, bought in new sponsorship, had the More FM main stage for performances throughout the day, had educational speaker sessions, there were two bouncy castles, a magic show, face painting, plus many exhibitors had activities for children to do. There was the Nelson Tasman Kindergarten Kid’s Zone, the Mitre 10 DIY and Trade Zone, the Cure Kids Parents Zone, Barnardos Child-Minding Zone and the Plunket Baby Change and Feeding Zone.
Speakers came from around the country to educate and empower our adults and children. Including well-known Kiwis, including Suzy Cato, Hannah Romano, Nicola Winslade (Virgin Mum), John Parsons, Charley Chop Chop and Karen Tews. The speakers spoke on a range of topics from a cooking demonstration and getting your kids involved, the importance of maths, online security for our children, dealing with the mum guilts, grief on losing a child and the importance of play, dirt and fun for both children and adults. The values of the expo was to equip, empower and excite and Nelson Venues and Events have certainly done that.
Keeping in line with the previous event management team, the tickets were free to the community until the day before the event, and all door sale proceeds were given to a local charity, this year the Helping Families Nelson charity was chosen. Over $950 was raised and donated to the local charity.
By around 2pm the weather got very cold, some braved the artic temperatures while many decided it was time to head off by 3pm. Overall, the day was a huge success. The Nelson Venues and Events team has had several exhibitors and sponsors provide positive feedback and are keen to come on board next year.
From the new Event Owner
We were delighted with the amount of people through the doors at the Nelson Parent and Child Expo this year, cues were around the corner prior to 10am and people just kept on coming. The atmosphere was electric with so many things for families to do and see. It was great to hear so much feedback from event attendees and see everyone have so much fun. The weather played a part in the final hour, however overall we are thrilled with the event and how well it ran.
- A great day out for families
- Suzy Cato as a speaker at our speaker sessions and a performer on the More FM Main Stage with Kath Bee
- Performances on the More FM main stage, including community groups
- 49 exhibitors
- 300 Goodie Bags sponsored by the Richmond Mall
- All printing and signage sponsored by Copyart Richmond
- The Nelson Tasman Kindergarten Kid’s Zone had a bouncy castle and kindergarten activities for the kids
- The Mitre 10 DIY and Trade Zone gave away all 400 DIY kits
- The Barnardos Child Minding Zone registered 13 children throughout the day, where the parents signed them in and had some children free time to look around.
- The Plunket Baby Change and Feeding Zone provided services for over 160 people
- The Cure Kids Parents Zone, sponsored by Columbus Coffee, Accor Hotels and Avis Car Rental
- Local food vendors providing a range of food choices, including allergy friendly options
- Tickets were free on the day
- Performances were well received, from Ms Fizzberry’s magic show, Three Ring Riot Hula Hooping demo, Suzy Cato and Kath Bee, Nelson Seido Karate demonstration and the Electrix Cheerleading demonstration
- Hannah Romano speaking about Grief
- John Parsons speaking about Internet Safety
- All door sales were given to local charity, Helping Families Nelson
- Set in the historic village of Founder’s Heritage Park, Nelson
o Approximately 2500 Attendees in total
o 49 Exhibitors and Sponsored Zones
o 19 Sponsors
“Nelson Venues and Events have planned and organised such a great event. From my perspective it has been a well-run, well-oiled machine” – 2019 Exhibitor
“We’ve been doing baby shows for eight years, this was the best by far” – Baby on the Move
“Well done – it was a really successful day! You guys did a great job. We had really good feedback from lots of Mums” – 2019 Exhibitor
“Thankyou for such a well organised event! It was fabulous to be able to promote BabySpace with so many lovely whanau in our community and network with the other stall holders! Thanks to all those that came up and spoke to us about what we offer. Thanks also to my fabulous team for their support on the day and leading up to it.” – Baby Space Exhibitor
“It was such a fabulous day! It was great to chat to so many families and offer them the Baby Feeding & Change Zone. Thanks so much for the wonderful opportunity” – Plunket Nelson Tasman
“Congratulations. It was well organized. Great work” – Humpty Dumplings Food Vendor
“It was such a pleasure to meet so many imaginative, fun children! Thank you to all the staff at the Nelson Parent and Child Expo and the families there who made it a great day!” – In Your Dreams Face Painting Exhibitor
“It was well worth it! Well organised and amazing stuff for kids to do and adults to look at. Good work!” – Event Attendee
“Loved it. Job well done team” – Event Attendee
“Thoroughly enjoyed our day out at the expo yesterday, thank you for an awesome event.” – Event Attendee
Thank you for your time: Kara Fielding – Event Manager Kate Hislop – Event Manager Email: email@example.com Website: http://www.nelsonparentandchildexpo.co.nz/