Experience the best of NELSON: Nature – Exceptional – Local – Safe – Optimistic – Neat
- Do you have a passion for not just good but outstanding guest service?
- Do you want to set your own mark?
- Are you looking for an immediate start?
- Do you have an eye for detail? Are you looking to further your experience and be part of a young dynamic team? Is your passion to provide that memorable experience to your guests? Do you enjoy working with people and built up and maintain a customer base? Your attention to detail and consistency in providing excellent customer service is second to none? Enjoy working in a fast pace environment? Then Rutherford Hotel Nelson ~A Heritage Hotel has the role for you!
About us: Rutherford Hotel Nelson is Nelson’s only 24-hour fully-serviced hotel, offering luxurious rooms and suites – ideal for corporate travelers, families and conference delegates. Our central location means Nelson’s many galleries and City attractions are just a stone’s throw away. All rooms have a view of the harbour, city, historic South Street or Nelson’s beautiful cathedral.Our stylish accommodation will suit anyone looking for a great place to stay in Nelson. Rutherford Hotel Nelson offers a range of excellent dining options to cater for all of our guests.
What you need:
- Previous experience in a similar role, ideally some formal form of hospitality training.
- A passion and commitment to delivering the highest level of service.
- Strong communication skills and the ability to work autonomously.
- High attention to detail and immaculate time management skills.
- “Hands on approach” to your work and “can do” attitude.
- Business acumen.
- 3+ years customer service experience preferably in the hotel industry
- A friendly smile and excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Superb guest service skills
- A high standard of personal presentation
- Available for immediate start
- Working knowledge of relevant computer software including MS Office and hotel reservation system (Opera/Fidelio)
- The ability to speak a foreign language can be beneficial
- Preparing and delivering room service orders
- Security checks
- General cleaning duties
- Assisting guests with baggage
- Valet service (must have full driver’s licence and clean driving record).
Flexibility in working hours will be required, generally 5 days a week between 23:00 pm – 7:00 am spread over a 7 day working roster.
Applicants must have the right to work in New Zealand.
Why wait? Apply now and become part of a great team!
Applicants for this position should have NZ residency or a valid NZ work visa.