Social Worker – Work with women, in an organisation for women
The Nelson Women’s Centre are hiring!
We are looking for two superstars to join the NWC whānau including a part-time Social Worker (23 hrs p/w) and a part-time Centre Support Worker (9.5 hrs p/w).
Work with women, in an organisation for women
We are looking for a Social Worker to join our vibrant and inspiring Social Services team. The position is part time (23 hours per week), providing social work support, advocacy, intervention, information, education, and referrals.
About the Nelson Women’s Centre
The Nelson Women’s Centre (NWC) is a resource and support centre for all women/wāhine, their children/tamariki, family and whānau in the Nelson Tasman region. Our mission is to create a place where women can connect, celebrate, and participate in a safe and supportive environment. We provide social work services to women, complemented by our low-cost counselling services, workshops, meeting and drop-in spaces, and an Op Shop.
NWC has a commitment to supporting sound professional practice and ongoing professional development and training, which includes funding annual SWRB Registration and Annual Practising Certificate and ANZASW Membership.
If you are keen to take an active role in empowering women/wāhine to be safe, resourceful, to value themselves, and to reach their potential, apply now.
To apply, please send an email to the Centre manager at: firstname.lastname@example.org with the following:
• A cover letter detailing your interest in the position and your contact details.
• A CV/resume detailing your relevant experience and skills.
• An indication of your ability to work in Aotearoa New Zealand.
• 3 referees (2 of those from previous roles relevant to this job application)
• A recognised social work qualification.
• SWRB registered or working towards this.
• An understanding and commitment to Te Tiriti o Waitangi.
• A commitment to feminist philosophy and ability to work comfortably with all
women/wāhine in a holistic, mana-enhancing and empowering way.
To apply for the Social Work position, please click the link below and apply through the Seek website:
To apply for the Centre Support Worker, please email your CV and cover letter to
Please pass on to anyone who you think might be interested in applying 💜
This Post Has 0 Comments