Vacancy – Airport Firefighter, Nelson Airport Ltd
Nelson Airport is one of the busiest airports in NZ and is the gateway for visitors in our region. Due to growth, we have an opportunity for an Airport Rescue Fire Officer to join our team.
The Airport Rescue Fire team provides a first emergency response in the event of an airfield emergency. The primary function of Rescue Fire is to create and maintain survivable conditions to protect life in the event of an aircraft crash or other emergency.
As part of this role, you will also be responsible for a wide range of tasks outside of emergency response including wildlife (bird) management, airfield inspections, spill response, works supervision, security patrols, attending safety/security meetings and responding to medical emergencies in the Terminal.
This role is advertised on both Seek and Trade Me. For more information and to apply click either of the links below.
Rescue Fire Officers work in pairs on a shift system covering morning and evening shifts consisting of 8-10 hours duration. The work roster may vary from time to time based on airline requirements (eg winter / summer schedule changes or late flights). As Nelson Airport operates 365 days a year candidates must be willing to work some weekends and public holidays.
The Successful Applicant:
- Minimum of two years’ experience as an operational firefighter is essential.
- Hold (or gain) a Class 4 New Zealand Drivers Licence.
- Hold (or gain) a Firearms licence.
- Hold (or gain) a First Aid qualification.
- Have the ability to pass an Aviation Security Service and Police check for the issue of an Airport Identity Card.
- Pass a pre-employment medical and fitness assessment.
Previous experience at an airport is not essential but an interest in the industry would be an advantage.
What Nelson Airport offers the successful candidate:
- An attractive remuneration package.
- Fully subsidised healthcare (after 3 months) and life insurance (after 6 months).
- Opportunity to undertake professional development and training relative to the role and airport operations.
- A workplace culture that includes an active Wellbeing programme including an annual reimbursement towards approved Wellbeing initiatives.
All applications must be made via Seek. Please include a full CV and cover letter.
A Position Description is available by emailing mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org
This Post Has 0 Comments