The humble scrunchie is the real MVP of the Rugby World Cup
(Read more about it here)
We have our 2nd product to share with you from the Global Stitch up whanau.
We have doubled in numbers during the past month and we welcome the Scrunchie team for this month.
Last month we sold over 50 packs of reusable face pads. This month we have 42 bags of scrunchies to sell.
Here are the scrunchie benefits:
• Accessories like scrunchies are great for everyday use and you can wear them all day long, even during sleep.
• Scrunchies are better for your hair.
• Unlike hair ties, scrunchies don’t cause hair breakage.
• Scrunchies can dress up or dress down any outfit.
• Scrunchies can make many different hairstyles.
• Scrunchies make a cute accessory for your wrist.
• Scrunchies are harder to lose.
• Scrunchies come in all patterns, colours, sizes, and fabrics.
So order those scrunchies NOW! They make great Christmas gifts too!
$15 will get you 3 scrunchies in a home local made cloth bag.
How can you help?
• by buying a bulk order and then selling to your friends and whanau
• by buying one order and then encouraging friends and whanau to buy their own
• by forwarding this newsletter to your friends and whanau
How do I pay?
• by internet transfer
• by cash on pick up
How do I order?
Scrunchies will be available from Thursday 17th November for pick up.
Pick up days are:
• Monday 9-9.45 a.m.
• Monday 2 – 4 p.m.
• Tuesday 11 – 12 p.m.
• Wednesday 11 – 1 p.m.
• Thursday 2 – 4 p.m.
• Saturday 10-12 p.m.
Or another time can be arranged by emailing email@example.com
We have created a sewing hub where we want women from diverse backgrounds to
• Feel safe and empowered.
• Upskill but also learn from each other’s cultural traditions.
• Engage in conversation and make new friends.
• Gain independence and responsibility.
• Feel motivated.
• Have fun.
We believe that everyone deserves to be welcomed and included, and that nobody should be isolated or lonely. We recognise that people coming together around the arts can be transformational for our communities.
Our products change each month. This means they are special and unique. With your purchase you are buying more than a product. You are giving back to society and supporting something that is led by people and not profit. No product will be exactly the same. We recognise that each person has different circumstances and we want to allocate resources and opportunities that will reach an equal outcome.
By supporting our project our dreams and wishes are that the host community can play a vital role in powering economic growth and reducing inequalities.
You can’t buy love (so they say), but you can buy local and that’s the same kind of thing!
Tanya and the Cultural Conversations whanau / collective