skip to Main Content

Dancing for a Cause update

Nelson Tasman Hospice was thrilled to be the charity of choice at the recent Dancing for a Cause. It was a sold-out (more than 1200 spectators) crowd at the Trafalgar Centre and a fantastic spectacle -with some very fancy footwork by the eight local personalities. 

We’re grateful to the Inspiring Youth Theatre Charitable Trust for organising the inaugural Dancing for a Cause and hope we can continue the association for some years to come.

The event is expected to raise about $90,000 – with 90% going to Hospice and the remaining 10% to support youth theatre – critical at a time when Hospice still has about $1,850,000 to raise towards our new Suffolk Rd build. 

Thanks so much to the business community for coming along – whether by paying for a catered table, an uncatered table, general admission or by bidding so generously at auction. We felt very well supported. 

Special acknowledgement goes to choreographer and dance teacher Emma Silke-French, to the dancers – Ros Pochin, Pic Picot, Matt Lawrey, Rachel Boyack, Richard Carruthers, Rachel Reese, Matt Bouterey and Paul Hampton – to their dance partners, the sponsors,  to MC Murray Leaning, to the family of one of our patients who spoke on the night (Pam and Paul Bayard) and to hospice volunteers and staff who helped.

All photos supplied by John-Paul Pochin

This Post Has 0 Comments

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Back To Top