Place Categories: Fast Food, Restaurant, and Takeaway
Sals Nelson is located in the iconic Ford’s building at the top of Trafalgar Street, a stones throw away from the Cathedral Steps. Original wooden floors and Sal’s signature brick wall, this store will transport you to New York City. Relax with a slice and beer outside in the sun on our outdoor tables, or grab a booth inside with some friends and watch the Nelson Giants on our big screens!
We’ve had the good fortune of being made privy to a legendary pizzamaker’s secret family recipe and have spent years perfecting Salvatore Leo’s well guarded pizza making techniques. We are proud to serve you AUTHENTIC New York Pizza…
We are proud to say that all of our base ingredients are AUTHENTIC and painstakingly imported to New Zealand – the Wisconsin mozzarella, California tomatoes, New York state milled flour, pepperoni, and meatballs.
Our sweet tomato sauce is made fresh daily using Sal’s famous ORIGINAL RECIPE (and to his exacting specifications). The same tomato sauce formula was used in Sal’s of Little Neck from 1975 through June 2010 (when Sal retired from the pizza game and finally closed his doors).
We are proud to serve you AUTHENTIC New York Pizza..
WE’VE HAD THE GOOD FORTUNE OF BEING MADE PRIVY TO A LEGENDARY PIZZA MAKER’S SECRET FAMILY RECIPE AND HAVE SPENT YEARS PERFECTING SALVATORE LEO’S WELL-GUARDED PIZZA MAKING TECHNIQUES.
We are proud to say all of our base ingredients are 100% AUTHENTIC and are imported to New Zealand. You will only find these at Sal’s:
- Our signature slow-risen dough is made using genuine New York Milled Hard Spring Wheat Flour for that authentic New York base you can fold. Crispy on the outside, but light, tender and airy on the inside.
- Our sweet tomato sauce is made fresh daily using Sal’s famous recipe and comes from Vine Ripened California Tomatoes.
- Our 100% Premium Wisconsin Mozzarella is produced using the highest quality milk from sustainably farmed “happy cows”. (Wisconsin has been producing Cheese since the 18th century).
- Our Famous New York Pepperoni and Italian Meatballs are exclusive to Sal’s.
- Our Free Range Buffalo Wings are made with the Authentic “Original 1964 Buffalo” recipe.
No Records Found
Sorry, no records were found. Please adjust your search criteria and try again.
Google Map Not Loaded
Sorry, unable to load Google Maps API.